Building operations at or near the boundary can cause friction and complaints from even the friendliest of neighbours. Noise, dust and disruption caused by coming and going of building materials and vehicles can cause complaints from even the friendliest of neighbours.

The aim of the Act is to minimise disputes between neighbours where building work affects party walls. In simple terms a wall separating two buildings is known as a Party Wall. Extensions, damp proofing works and internal refurbishment or structural alterations may all include work on a party wall, and in many cases the consent of your neighbours is needed before work can start. In some cases, excavating or constructing foundations for a new building within six metres of neighbouring properties will also require consent.

Acting as an appointed surveyor for the building owner or the adjoining owner or as the agreed surveyor for both parties we can support you through the process whether it be a town centre redevelopment or individual residential projects.

Our charges are competitive and fixed rates can be agreed. If we act for you when your neighbours are undertaking works then our reasonable costs will be paid for by your neighbours. More information on the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 can be found on the Government Web Site at:

Services we provide

  • Initial advice on design
  • Preparation and service of legal notices
  • Preparation of Schedule of Condition
  • Preparation of Award

For party wall advice in Liverpool

call Craig Associates today on: 0151 709 1456